Monday, July 26, 2010

Happy anniversary Erin

Well, here I am a month into my diet and exercise routine. Happy anniversary to me! Funny how I had such a torrid relationship with food before, and i decided to "break up" with it! I started a new relationship with food and am pretty happy with it.

I have lost roughly 8.5 lbs so far, and that is not to bad for the first month. I know it may slow down a bit; possibly to a lb a week,that's 4 lbs a month. It is normal for your body to get used to the routine you are doing , so I just keep stepping it up. I have found having a scale is not the best most accurate way to determine how I am doing. Muscle weighs more than fat, so while I am building muscle it is replaces my fat but the scale does not know the difference. I was really obsessed in the first several weeks with weighing myself 2-4 times a day...yes I know crazy. And the fact that our weight fluctuates daily made me even more crazy. Food we eat, water weight, that will all make your weight fluctuate somewhat. I have settled for weighing myself once a day which may also seem a bit excessive, but it is better than 4 times a day. Measuring is also a telltale sign that you are toning. I have lost a few inches in my waist, but i only measure myself every couple weeks or so.

I have been working out to this video called : 30 days to shred: Jillian Micheals. It is a 30 min curcuit training video that literally kicks my derriere big time. Jillian trained all the "Biggest Loser" people on tv and she means business. You hear her throughout the video saying things like " you DON'T get to workout out for 20-30 min and take a rest, there are NO rests in this routine!!!, or "If your looking for a modified version of a jumping jack, look elsewhere, Iv'e got 400lb people that can do a Jumping Jack so can you". She's an exercise drill sergeant and EXACTLY what I need to keep me in line and not let me give up. I read up on amazon about this video with great feedback of great results. So no matter how hard it is I am going to keep up with it!!!!!!

Sayonara, and happy sweating!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary, Erin!! I am very proud of you and your determination...and I can tell-you are looking very good!!

    ReplyDelete