Monday, July 19, 2010

When will the new me emerge?

So far I have been on this diet exercise plan for 3 weeks and have lost 7 1/2 pounds. My boyfriend, family and friends have all said they are beginning to see a change in my ; i.e. more defined jaw, smaller waist.

The problem is I look in the mirror and still see my chubby overweight self and it can be quite a downer. I can't tell if my clothes are looser and I still have that nasty roll in my stomach i just want to go away.It makes me wonder when I will finally look in the mirror and be pleased with what is staring back at me.

I often wonder in my mind "what would happen if i ate one piece of bread, or candy, or skipped to days of exercise." Then I think of the tears rolling down my face when I stepped on the scale 3 weeks ago and how angry I was at myself for getting this way. So I think of this quote everytime I am tempted to give up:
"Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can." I was always giving the great advice of not future-scoping how my life"might" be. So instead I am going to decide right here and now what it WILL be, and that means not giving up, going the extra mile, and realizing what you ARE capable of, not what you are not.


Smile and the world smiles with you....

1 comment:

  1. I think that you have always looked and been a beautiful person, but you have to feel beautiful, and if losing weight makes you feel more beautiful, then I support you. Sometimes people are so preoccupied with the way that they look, it is hard to focus on how beautiful their inner state is, so they have to lose weight in order to bring the focus back to the inner...I know that you can do anything that you want to do- all things are possible!

    ReplyDelete